Wednesday 28 September 2011

UMMMMM


I  love being BLACK but sometimes it's hard. Everything is harder. Most people assume that you are dumb  and poor and live of the government. I hate how when your black and don't act ghetto and everyone thinks your trying to be white while you are just being yourself.

In year 6  was the only Black girl in my class and it was SOOOO hard. I had no one. No one to laugh with, No one to play with, No one to gossip I was the Biggest loner in the world. I remember going home and my mum asking my how my day was and I lied every time and told her it was good while all I did was sit by myself all day. Before I went to bed I used to ask God why he made me black. I used to wake up in the middle of the night and think that being black was just a dream then I would realise it wasn't and break down crying. 

In year 7 I realised that I was always going to be black so I might as well learn to accept it. When I moved to high school I only knew one person but we didn't have any classes together so I went back to my loner days. I than meet a girl named Cindy. We became so close so fast. She was like a sister to me till we had a horrible fight in year 10 (maybe I'll post about it one day not today) we stopped talking for months. we only just started talking like a couple of weeks ago but not as best friends but as friends.

The fight Cindy and I had helped me find the best friends you could ever ask for. These girls are my everything. They are always there for me when I need a hand or having a bad day. When I'm around these girls I never feel out of place. They don't look at me and judge me about my skin colour in fact these girls make me feel  proud of my colour. 

And although  I still have days when I wake up and wish I was white ( So I could GTL) these days have been reduced by dramatically And I have my amazing friends to thank for that.

1 comment:

  1. Awwwww honey :) <3 i used to lie to my mum about my school days to.. But everything always gets better xoxoxoxi love u and people who hold prejudices arent worth knowing nor are they worth anyone elses time.

    ReplyDelete